Thailand law firm providing legal advice on Company law, contracts, divorce, prenuptial agreements, marital law, last will and testament, probate, adoption, guardianship, land purchase, land lease, buying condos, mortgage, usa immigration visa, US visa, fiance visa, fraud, patent, PCT, trademark, copyright


Chaninat & Leeds
Suite 10/154, Trendy Office Building 18th Floor, Sukhumvit Road Soi 13 Klongtoey Nua, Vadhana Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Tel : (662) 168 7001 (-3)
** If dialing within Thailand,
Please dial: (02) 168 7001 (-3) **

Fax: (662) 168 7004


US Immigration from Thailand

Thailand Fiancé Visas

The K-1 Fiancé visa Thailand is a 90 day single-entry visa admitting the fiancé of an American citizen into the country for the purpose of marriage.

General Considerations for Fiancée and Marriage Visas

K-1 fiancé visas are intended for the fiancés of American citizens with the condition that the American citizen and their fiancé will be married within 90 days of the fiancé’s arrival in the US. If the marriage does not take place, the fiancé is required to return to their home country. 

Individuals interested in obtaining a K-1 visa for a Thai fiancé must file a petition at the States Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS).After the petition is approved, a Thai fiancé may apply for a K-1 fiancé visa at the US Embassy in Bangkok. In order to submit a petition to the USCIS in Bangkok, a petitioner must be able to establish evidence of residence in the area of the USCIS jurisdiction.

Thai-American couples who are discussing visa options should consider the location of their upcoming marriage when choosing which visa (Fiancé or Marriage) to apply for, as the location of the marriage (and consequently, the type of visa chosen) may affect the type of visa to be applied for and other legal considerations, like premarital agreements.