Thailand law firm providing legal advice on Company law, contracts, divorce, prenuptial agreements, marital law, last will and testament, probate, adoption, guardianship, land purchase, land lease, buying condos, mortgage, usa immigration visa, US visa, fiance visa, fraud, patent, PCT, trademark, copyright


Chaninat & Leeds
Suite 10/154, Trendy Office Building 18th Floor, Sukhumvit Road Soi 13 Klongtoey Nua, Vadhana Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Tel : (662) 168 7001 (-3)
** If dialing within Thailand,
Please dial: (02) 168 7001 (-3) **

Fax: (662) 168 7004


Chaninat & Leeds Co., Ltd.
13.742774, 100.557853
BTS Nana

FAQ - Investor / Business Visa

Who is eligible for the Treaty Investor E2 visa?

An investor of foreign nationality whose home country maintains a treaty of commerce, navigation or bilateral investment with the United States is eligible if he/she:
1) has made a "substantial investment"(normally at least $25,000 or more) in a U.S. business
2) The business is 50 percent owned by citizens of that treaty country
3) Intends to come to the United States to direct the operations of the enterprise in a capacity that is either executive, supervisory, or involves specialized skills
4) intends to leave the US upon termination or expiration of his/her E2 status.

Can the spouse and children of an E2 visa holder accompany him/her to the US?

Yes. The spouse and unmarried, minor children of an E-2 visa holder may accompany him/her to the US on E-2 visas status. This visa, however, does not automatically grant the spouse and children the right to work in the United States.

Is an E2 visa holder able to apply for permanent residency in the US?

Yes, an E2 visa entitles its holder to apply for permanent residency in the US.

How long are E2 visas valid?

The E2 visa is valid for two years and is renewable indefinitely so long as the visa holder continues in the same capacity and the business is actively engaged in trade or services.