Thailand law firm providing legal advice on Company law, contracts, divorce, prenuptial agreements, marital law, last will and testament, probate, adoption, guardianship, land purchase, land lease, buying condos, mortgage, usa immigration visa, US visa, fiance visa, fraud, patent, PCT, trademark, copyright


Chaninat & Leeds
Suite 10/154, Trendy Office Building 18th Floor, Sukhumvit Road Soi 13 Klongtoey Nua, Vadhana Bangkok, Thailand 10110
Tel : (662) 168 7001 (-3)
** If dialing within Thailand,
Please dial: (02) 168 7001 (-3) **

Fax: (662) 168 7004


Chaninat & Leeds Co., Ltd.
13.742774, 100.557853
BTS Nana

FAQ - Investor / Business Visa

How many types of business visas are available for foreigners in the U.S.?

There are several types of business visas for foreigners in the US. The E1 Treaty Trader visa and the E2 Treaty Investor visa are for foreigners investing substantial funds in a business enterprise in the US. There are also short-term business B1 visas. Additionally, there are various employer-sponsored visas including H, L, O and P visas.

Who is eligible for the E1 Treaty Trader visa?

Foreign citizens belonging to countries which possess a treaty of friendship, commerce, and navigation with the US and are coming to the US to engage in substantial trade between the US and their respective countries are eligible for the E1 visa. The E1 visa has a validity of two years and may be extended indefinitely.

What are the requirements for obtaining an E1 Visa?

To qualify for a non-immigrant treaty trader (E1) visa, the foreign citizen must show that he/she:
1) Will be in the US solely for trade purposes of a substantial nature between the US and his/her country. He/she must be an employee of a foreign person or organization engaged in trade principally between the United States and the treaty country of the foreign national.
2) Intends to leave the US upon the expiration or termination of his/her treaty trader (E1) status.

Is the family of the E1 visa holder eligible for E1 status?

Spouses and children of E1 visa holders may enter and remain in the US holding the E1 status. In some cases, E1 visa spouses may apply for working permission in the US.

Part 2